Le Wed 30/01/2008 à 17:06 Eric Tetz à écrit:
> I just posted a small patch to the wiki that allows C-style string
> lexing, where string literals separated by whitespace are collected
> as a single string.  I've always appreciated that in C, and miss it
> when using languages that don't lex strings that way (lika Java or
> Lua).

There is another way you can do it ... That can be found in the Lisaac
language (pretty unknown at the moment, but I like it much).

You can define an escape sequence that could be written \%s+\ and that
does nothing. For instance your example could be written:

   if something then
      for k,v in pairs(foo) do
         if v then
            bar()
         else
            io.write "This is a big chunk of text \
                     \that for whatever reason (typically \
                     \readability) is broken into multiple \
                     \lines in the source code.\n"
         end
      end

And this does not create ambiguity with the call syntax.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'lya
E-Mail:	mildred593(at)online.fr

Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>
XMPP:	<mildred@jabber.fr> (GoogleTalk, Jabber)

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]