Lua Lanes is not dead.

The lack of updates has been due to my business, dealing with an upcoming Lua project. Once that is out, I can look more into the existing ones. There are some wishes I've received for Lua Lanes, but no patches or other such contributions. They are welcome. Also one reason to maintain the "beta" status is that I don't know of much use of Lanes, actually.

That can be either good or bad. It either means the module's serving its current users well, or it means there are not enough current users.

Anyway. Personally I think we could benefit of a "round table" discussion to decrease the number of multithreading solutions, and focus people's efforts on one. Naturally, I wouldn't be seeing Lanes as one of those stepping aside. :) This is why I made the comparison to other solutions, which unfortunately lacks LuaTask, as has been pointed out. I do welcome someone to contribute a Lua Lanes vs. LuaTask comparison.

Open source does not mean the author should do it all by himself. Lua Lanes is not Lua. Patches are welcome, and also write access to the main subversion repository can be granted for persons who've proven to be worth it.

Happy new year,    ;)

-asko

This is a list of my dead and alive projects, in order of personal priority:

	luaSuper	to be born, rechristened as 'luaSub' (new)
	Lumikki		Lua web page generator. Alive but quiet.  Needs a revise.
	Lua Lanes	Alive but quiet.
Hamster build system using Lua. Alive but in hibernation (as hamsters do)
	LNUM patch	Alive and up to date.
	Token reader patch	Alive and up to date.

	Andes development IDE	not started
	Spider virtual PDA		not started
	LuaX		dead, not supported