Selene was the greek goddess of the moon.

*"Luna*, Accepted common name for Earth's Moon; derived from the Latin word for "light.""

This makes sense too:

Question:  Other planets have moons with names.  Is there an official name for our moon?

Answer: The "official" name is the Moon, with a capital M. The satellites of the other planets are called moons (small m). Similarly, stars are referred to as suns, but our star is the Sun.