On 06/12/2007 13:39, Hakki Dogusan wrote:
- Win32 updated to Cairo-1.4.12
- Documentation added (based on cairo.h)

http://www.dogusan.net/dogusanh/download.html#luacairo

Thanks. Some feedback:

- Perhaps explain a bit more what to find in the "Lua module" vs. "Snippets application". And that the later contains everything needed.

- I like to be able to quickly see the version of an exe or dll file by looking at its properties (Version tab in XP). Alas, lot of portable open source programs omit this. It is just a resource file to add to the build. I made that for my (outdated now) Lua binaries.
Of course, not a requirement, just a suggestion.

- Obviously your examples cannot be run from their current place as their relative path to the data (and required modules) is changed now. Perhaps a little README file can explain that? Quite obvious for a programmer, but might allow a quick run.

- Documentation looks a bit dry at first sight, but obviously it targets people knowing Cairo, or at least knowing they must look up Cairo doc and tutorials, so it is OK.
I appreciate the parallel of C and Lua functions.
I spotted a little inconsistency: I wondered what the [WARN] flag was for, as it isn't in the "Color conventions" section, then I saw that "Lua usage is different from C: different" line refers to nothing... I suppose you changed that either way and stopped in mid-air! ;)

Now, I still have to play with that.
Would you be interested by any (interesting) test code I might make?

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France