Matt Campbell wrote:
Stephen Kellett wrote:
you can't copy the appropriate DLLs without breaking the terms of EULA.

Someone ought to develop a new C runtime library for Windows and release

I'm not sure that would fix the problem I've described. Given that it only affects a small number of developers (typically people that write software tools) its not worth the effort. It is darned annoying if you happen to be one of those people though.

The EULA does allow you to copy debug dlls within an organisation, just not between organisations.

If you wanted to do what you suggest, I guess the easiest starting point would be the CRT from the Wine project given that they must have the vast majority of imports and exports from the DLL already implemented.

Stephen