W8, I didn't understand what you meant with the EULA thing there...?

Stephen Kellett wrote:
Matt Campbell wrote:
The most foolproof way to deploy the CRT is to include msvcr80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcm80.dll, and Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest in the same directory as the executable. If the executable has a correct manifest, this will work anywhere. This is what Firefox 3 Beta 1 does on Windows.

This blog posting seems to be well written on the subject.

How to Debug 'The System cannot Execute the specified program' message.
http://blogs.msdn.com/nikolad/articles/427101.aspx

And Microsoft's take on the same subject (a lot more dry than the above)

Troubleshooting C/C++ Isolated Applications and Side-by-side Assemblies
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235342(VS.80).aspx

There is a problem with the solution you describe. Its not a problem many people will run into. If the app you've been given is a debug build you can't copy the appropriate DLLs without breaking the terms of EULA. For most of the work I'm doing for my customers that is what is required.

None of the information I've found this morning have I seen before. Last time I came looking the information I found was not very helpful.

Stephen