I disagree, I think it's a very good thing to be able to specify my executable's dependencies and security, and in the case of dll's & libraries, have it present itself properly to others. I might not agree with the syntax & method used either, but it has a very good purpose. As is common with technology and methodology that trickles down from coorporate, it's usually quite thoroughly thought through(phew), but it does impose a certain level of conformity on the people subjected to it, and while we can argue our nuts off about pros & cons, it's not going to change the fact. The only thing you -can- do is educate yourself as best possible, so lets all just focus on that instead, and leave our poor nuts out of it.

Stephen Kellett wrote:
Stefan Sandberg wrote:
I agree, it's a bit complicated, but it's not a bug.. :)

Yes, its not a bug. But it is an unwanted barnacle.

Stephen