Humberto, not to mention that LLVM's target is native code and yours is the Lua VM. :) An Lua-to-LLVM JIT is a lot of work, even if you reuse some parts of the Lua interpreter (garbage collector, layout of values, most of the standard library).

A simpler application of LLVM is dynamically generating native code from Lua, like Javier's binding to TinyCC. LLVM is pretty easy to embed, and the native code it generates is comparable to gcc's -O3.

--
Fabio Mascarenhas