I have Lua 5.1.2 installed on Kubuntu 7.10 (gutsy).
I'm interested in installing kepler.
Running configure for kepler gives me a message saying that
I need a "LuaBinaries-compliant build of Lua".
I have downloaded lua5_1_2_Sources.tar.gz from
http://luabinaries.luaforge.net/download.html.

Do I understand that this `make' will build Lua 5.1.2 from scratch
as well as header files, additional binaries for kepler?
And furthermore, will this give me the resources to use
Lua from a host application (such as a C executable)?

And furthermore, will this enable me to make similar builds
on Red Hat, Fedora and Slackware machines?

Thanks
Tim