Hi,

My feeling is, that it can not use it out-of-the-box, but
could be a starting point for my own implementation.
However it would probably the same effort to implement a
one-off solution.

I'd be surprised. :) The smtp module supports general multipart
MIME entities. The default content-type
is multipart/mixed, but there is nothing to stop you from
overriding it to multipart/form-data. Then, in
each part you can add the content-disposition headers
yourself.

Why wouldn't this work?

Please take a look at the example in the documentation of
LuaSocket. If you have any doubts, let me know.

[]s,
Diego