If you are developing on Windows, and using Visual Studio then as far as I know VSLua is the only way to go.  It is the only vaguely professional integrated debugger I have found.  Although, to be honest, I am still evaluating it, and don't seem to be having much luck integrating it with my project in a useful manner at the moment.  YMMV.

Tom

Tom Miles
         DISCLAIMER
This email is sent by The Creative Assembly Limited company No. 03425917, registered in England &Wales registered office 27 Great West Road, Middlesex, TW8 9BW, England. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient and may also be legally privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) of this email you may not copy, disclose or distribute it to anyone else. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail on postmaster@creative-assembly.co.uk and then delete the email and any copies. The Creative Assembly Limited have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that this e-mail and any attached documents or software are free from software viruses, but it is the recipient's responsibility to confirm this.