On 10/16/07, Mark Edgar <medgar123+lua-l@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/16/07, Hisham Muhammad <hisham.hm@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Don't think so. Looks like Roberto said that the "You can not exchange
> > FILE* pointers" restriction should not hold:
> > http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2007-09/msg00122.html
>
> This message is talking about exchanging FILE pointers between the Lua
> io library and another C module, or between the Lua io library and
> your C application.
>
> What's under discussion in this thread is whether exchanging FILE
> pointers between two different C runtime libraries is a good idea.  It
> isn't.

Yes, but connecting these two we conclude that, since the io library
exposes its FILE pointers, then C modules should be built with the
same C runtime library as the Lua io library -- ie, the answer to
Scuri's question (whether we could be restricted to an environment
where the constrains he listed would hold) is "no".

-- Hisham