Hi

The discussion is useless, yet I understand the reason for it.
In my opinion, Idle is much more a framework than a language itself. That of
course depends on the definition of "language" and "framework". Most
"languages" like Java, C#, Python are both of it: An own language and a (huge)
framework. Lua is a language without too much framework around it, mostly
because it builds in C, a language which comes without too much framework stuff
around too.

Idle is, as far as I see, extending lua with stuff like additional functionality
and a few changes to the syntax. But that doesn't make it an independent
(script-) language like this quote says:

"Well, for one thing, you haven't really lived until you have a script
language to your name;-)"

Replace "script language" with "framework" and I guess that hardly anyone would
make such a fuss of it like it is done now.

Eike