Sherry Zhang <yuleopen <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I am eager to see how lua works....Actually Lua source code is not
> very well documented. So maybe the authors can write some good book
> on lua

The closest I've found are the papers ( http://www.lua.org/docs.html ), the
No-Frills Introduction to the Lua 5.1 VM Instructions (
http://luaforge.net/docman/index.php?group_id=83&selected_doc_group_id=102 ),
and the implementation of Lua in Lua ( http://luaforge.net/projects/yueliang/
)--the latter of which has more documented source code and can be used to
understand the corresponding C source.  But I agree--I've also found the source
comments terse and once tried to begin to address it through a section on the
wiki ( http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaSource ).