Hi,

I'm curious about a problem I encountered with this:

table.sort(sometable, function(a, b) return a[1] < b[1] end);

If this is executed repeatedly this creates a new closure every time.
Because, as I understand it, this function is compiled as a prototype
with no upvalues, why is a new closure created every time? Seems
unnecessary, let alone inefficient. Would it not be possible for the
lua compiler to just get the reference to the function (closure) and
pass it?

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant