> Well, since we're on the issue of wish lists, I think a standard
> numerical array module would be desirable, something that provides up
> to rank 4 arrays of basic integer and floating point types.  In terms
> of operations, it wouldn't need anything more than creation,
> subscripting, conversion, and resizing/reshaping.  This could (and
> probably should) be separate from the numerical array type and
> strings that Lua already provides and that is integrated with tables.
>
> The reason is that there are more and more extensions that operate on
> such data (audio, video, images, data analysis, numerics,
> visualization, graphics, etc.), and having a standard representation
> for them would make it more likely that extensions can interoperate.

<shameless-plug>
There is a numerical array module, but it's neither standard nor it supports
integers: http://numlua.luaforge.net
</shameless-plug>

Cheers,
Luis.

--
A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.
        -- P. Erdos

--
Luis Carvalho
Applied Math PhD Student - Brown University