Along these lines, I have been looking for a bood matrix library for
some time now but haven't found anything satisfactory.  I'm basically
looking for something geared toward real-time multimedia like video
and 3d geometry that can freely convert between 1-4 channel data,
char, long, float32, and float64 and can have up to 3 dimensions.  If
anyone knows of such a library, I would be grateful for any links.

thanks,
wes