The application loads the whole lua file. Then the application parses it.
Actually this test that I am doing is reading a file from my own computer, I just have a adaptor class that simulates a network transfer and load a local file.

The problem isnt network transfering, the test is reading a file from my computer, opening it using fopen storing all the content on a const char* buffer and passing it to lua.

Lucas

On 8/16/07, Edwin Eyan Moragas <haaktu@gmail.com> wrote:
On 8/16/07, Rob Kendrick <lua-l@nun.org.uk> wrote:
> Wesley Smith top-posted:
> > Could you write it to file and call luaL_dofile?
>
> This strikes me as an inelegant hack, if the data's coming over the network.
>
> Does the Lua API support incremental parsing, such that you can keep
> calling a function to pump more data in, and then signal the end?

parsing a lua lib file sounds like incremental parsing.

why not send the source one file at a time then the calling code
as the last?

--
no sig