> Well I was looking how lper works. It is based on memory mapped file
> with fixed address.

Yes. And, as you have pointed out, lper does seem to rely on the
application not changing between runs. If I change the application and
rebuild, then lper can crash. If I don't change the application, then it
seems to work fine. (I guess this has to do with how Unix runs programs:
they're loaded in the *same* virtual address.)

On the other hand, though I haven't tried it, it does seem that lper
could have a problem with dynamically linked libraries, but only if you
store C functions outside their tables. (lper.c avoids reopening the
standard C libraries after the first run.)

Bottom line: lper does seem to work fine in simple cases but it has not
been thoroughly tested. More feeedback on this is welcome.
--lhf