<> wrote:
> On Wed Jul 25, 2007 at 08:15:58PM +0300, Ketmar Dark wrote:
>> we have Lua in Lua. so why not write Lua in JS? it would be fine to
>> write DHTML in Lua... %-)
>
> instead of JS? theyre practically the same language, only JS calls its objects 'objects' instead of tables.. look closer. the differences are mostly syntax.. and heavier/less-agile implementations (typically C++ interpreters and heavily intertwined with browser code) w/ less non-html standard-library support.

There are tricky aspects of cleverer more advanced aspects of each
language which are difficult to map onto the other, though.  Syntax is
the easy bit.

> maybe you could make a write a pretty trivial lua<>JS rewriter if you prefer ones syntax over the other, i prefer Ruby's syntax to either..

Somebody in #lua made an amusing comment about Ruby users.  I will not
repeat it here. :)

I'm interested in a good JavaScript -> Lua converter, if anybody happens
to know of one.  I'm involved in a web browser project designed for
low-powered resource-constrained machines, and Spidermonkey's a little
too heavyweight :-/

B.