FastCGI, UNIX or WIndows?
I agree with the sentiment that Kepler is baggage on FastCGI.
I presume that you have recompiled liolib.c or a ccopy of it
with the FastCGI headers in place?
I recall a similar problem, but also cant recall the exact details.
Your problem probably is that liolib.c (from memory I think) saves
a copy of the stdout pointer, FastCGI initialization modifies the
address of stdouit before FastCGI saves its copy.

db