[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Best and Worst of Lua
- From: Haroon Khalid <haroon@...>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:14:44 -0700 (PDT)
Are you near MD? we should do lunch, I really want to make some tight games with Lua and I Guess SDL...
Asko Kauppi <email@example.com> wrote:
Refreshingly light message for a while!!! :)
1. Lua is best for embedded cases where string handling etc. in C
would _really_ suck.
Lua is best for quick days when things need to be done to work (with
as few lines as possible)
2. Lua is bad (if ever) for military/space/medical programs, where
you'd actually want to wear a straightjacket. Use a strongly typed
language (C# gets my favor) instead.
ps. Lua is written as Lua. LUA is a Microsoft term (among others)
Haroon Khalid kirjoitti 13.7.2007 kello 22:33:
everyone, how are you? I wanted to know what people think of
> 1. What situations are LUA best for?
> 2. What situations are LUA bad for?
> example: games, web dev and so on...
> Thanks, and its Friday! Time to hit up Fudruckers!