Thomas Lauer wrote:
(I have a rough-and-tumble version that more or less runs with standard
Lua but I just HATE the idea that subtle differences between the way the
two binaries do their respective jobs might wreak havoc on unsuspecting
users. These things can introduce bugs that are nearly impossible to
track down.)

If you have that version then it seems to me that before you get to V1.0 (at which point you wouldn't want to change things) you should put your work into making that version work.

I haven't had a chance to run the Idle binaries past the Lua Validator's from Software Verification - it would be nice if the debug facilities in Lua work with Idle, then idle will have software tool support right from the start.

Stephen