[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: CPU/Memory Limiting
- From: "TongKe Xue" <tongke@...>
- Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:24:06 -0700
I'm working on a massive simulation project (like worldforge). I need to
be able to allow users to script objects in the world. I am thinking of
ussing Ruby as my scripting language of choice. However:
(1) I need to be able to limit the memory usage of the object.
(2) I need to be able to limit the CPU cycle usage of the object.
I.e. I don't want users to use my game to calculate digits of PI.
Is there a way to let me create these light-weight tasklets/threadlets/processlets (there's too many objects to have a UNIX process for each object) such that I can limit the memory/cpu usage on each?