>> PS. This list should have a proper FAQ (is there one already?)

I'll borrow this thread and rename it because it got me interested. ;)

Here's the two Lua FAQs that come up on top of a google search:
http://www.lua.org/faq.html
http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaFaq

Let's just say "it's a start" but there could be much much more! Looking
back at my personal history with Lua i wish there had been an extensive
Lua FAQ. From compilation issues under Win32 through performance of
local vs. global variables to the dreaded Direct3D FPU flag - this is
the kind of stuff you would want in a Lua FAQ.

I suddenly have a high urge to start collecting resources for the FAQ
right away. For two reasons, for one it is a great learning experience,
secondly because i was painfully missing it back when i was experiencing
the odd bits of Lua. But first i want to read what the list members have
to say about writing a "real" (ly good) Lua FAQ? What should be covered
and what not (consider Lua Gems)?

Take as an example and for comparison the Python FAQ
http://www.python.org/doc/faq/ and the Perl FAQ
http://perldoc.perl.org/index-faq.html

In any case, if this is going somewhere, count me in. I'd love to do
this kind of documentation for the language i love. :)