Hi,

That's what I do in Visual Studio.  Make a dll project, edit out all
the kruft like resources and junky headers amonth other project
settings that MS puts in there for you.  Then, add the 3 main Lua
headers to your project as well as lua51.dll and you should be set.
And don't forget to add luaopen_lpeg to the .def file.

VC 2005 is a bit different then, and for the sake of my sanity, I just did a regular makefile project:

CWARNS = -Wall
LUADIR = -I../lua51/include/
COPT = -O2 -DNDEBUG
CFLAGS = $(CWARNS) $(LUADIR)
CC = cl
LD = link
LDFLAGS =
LIBS = KERNEL32.lib lua5.1.lib

ALL: lpeg.dll

clean:
	del /q lpeg.dll lpeg.obj lpeg.lib lpeg.exp

lpeg.obj: lpeg.c
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c -olpeg.obj lpeg.c

lpeg.dll: lpeg.obj
	$(LD) $(LDFLAGS) -DEF:lpeg.def -DLL -OUT:lpeg.dll lpeg.obj $(LIBS)

and placed:

	EXPORTS
		luaopen_lpeg

in lpeg.def

I've never really had experience writing makefiles, if theres a shorter, more terse way, please point it out.

Take care,
-Mitchell;

wes

On 5/18/07, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> How can I compile LPeg on Windows? I have Visual C++ Express 2005.

You must compile lpeg.c as a dll, exporting only luaopen_lpeg.

I am not sure about the details, but I guess you should create
a "dll project" with this single file, and edit it to add a
__declspec(dllexport) in the definition of luaopen_lpeg.
Somehow you must also provide to the project a file with Lua
declarations (simply add lua51.lib to the project??).

I hope someone in the list can fill the details...

-- Roberto