Lua has many uses. There are minor things I do not like about LUA_PATH
and LUA_CPATH, for my apps. However it was arrived at from exhaustive
discussions from many different users. A compromise.
It seens foolish to throw away this hard work.
I am happy to part of the a repopend LUA_PATH and LUA_CPATH
discussion but on o wider basis than a rather narrow Kepler view.

David Burgess

Andre Carregal wrote:
For some Windows users the current behaviour can be considered a bug
since lua5.1 doesn't find the modules where they think they are
supposed to be... :o)