The Lua short reference by Enrico Colombini provides a concise summary
of the Lua syntax and core libraries. An early draft of the updated 5.1
version can be downloaded from either the lua-users.org wiki:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaShortReference

or from my website:

http://thomaslauer.com/comp/Lua_Short_Reference

Background: like many amateur bean-counters, I am a big fan of reference
cards, especially for hard-to-remember technical obscurities, such as
the finer points of Perl regular expressions or the blasted mod_rewrite
syntax. I stumbled across the Lua 5.0 reference card by Enrico Colombini
a couple of months ago and found it to be a very valuable tool. It was a
little out-of-date, though, and so I thought I could do a quick update.

Enrico kindly agreed to supply his original files and notes, so
thankfully I could build on sound foundations, with the hard work
already done. I have tried to include all important changes for Lua 5.1,
corrected some minor bugs and typos and changed the layout so that the
whole thing now prints on four pages (A4, for the time being). It looks
more cramped than does Enrico's version but then again, it's a reference
card and not a literary work.

THIS IS AN EARLY DRAFT! There are certainly errors and omissions to be
found in this draft. Please, everyone who uses this card -- take the
time and trouble to send a bug report if you happen on something that
needs correcting. (BTW, the exclusion of deprecated language features
(like table.setn()) is by design.)

Acknowledgements: Enrico and I are grateful to all the good people who
contributed with notes and suggestions, including John Belmonte,
Albert-Jan Brouwer, Tiago Dionizio, Marius Gheorghe, Asko Kauppi,
Philippe Lhoste, Mike Pall, Virgil Smith, Ando Sonenblick, Nick Trout,
Clemens Wacha, Blake T. Garretson and of course Roberto Ierusalimschy,
whose ?Lua 5.1 Reference Manual? and ?Programming in Lua? have been our
main sources of Lua lore.

--
cheers  thomasl

web : http://thomaslauer.com/start