Well, I have script_A.  And then I have function_A and function_B that
are written in C++ and exposed to the lua stack.

If I try to use a standard lua syntax checker it reports function_A
and function_B as being syntax errors because they aren't registered I
guess in the global space.  However, if I run the script from within
my application it works fine.

So I guess I'm just trying to figure out how I can check my scripts
for syntax errors outside of my application without having to comment
out all of my home-built functions every time (which kind of defeats
the purpose of checking the script).

Is that a bit clearer?

Jason

On 5/1/07, Rob Kendrick <lua-l@nun.org.uk> wrote:
Jason Murdick wrote:
> The problem I'm having is syntax checking the scripts.  The syntax
> checkers I've seen all do a fine job with the basic lua syntax, but I
> have numerous C++ functions and constants that I have exposed through
> my application.

I'm not sure I understand your issue well enough to know why simply
compiling the scripts and checking for errors isn't sufficient to check
the syntax of a script.

Are you wanting to check that parameters to functions are of correct
type and within specific ranges etc?  If so, I suspect you may be
disappointed.

B.