I've found lots of resources for syntax checking and highlighting, but
I haven't seen anything that described my particular issue.  I have a
project I've integrated lua into and scripts are run in response to
triggered events.

The problem I'm having is syntax checking the scripts.  The syntax
checkers I've seen all do a fine job with the basic lua syntax, but I
have numerous C++ functions and constants that I have exposed through
my application.  I have not been able to find a way of syntax checking
the scripts with those functions referenced without running the app,
shutting it down, reading the log files, repeat.  This is a very
time-consuming process and so I was hoping for something a bit more
effective.

Is there a way that others do this?  Some sort of xml header file?

Jason