On 26/03/07, Alex Queiroz <asandroq@gmail.com> wrote:
Hallo,

On 3/26/07, Lee Hickey <lahickey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a standard way to set a 'default' error handler for lua_pcall,
> rather than the usual method of inserting a c function into the stack before
> each pcall. I am currently setting up a global error handling function
> immediately after creating a lua_State, and using this, but this is prone to
> being obliterated by any C code which doesn't respect the stack properly.

     You can create a C function my_pcall() that takes one less
parameter and always push
your customized error handler on the stack.

Cheers,

Thanks. What I forgot to mention is that I want to remove the overhead of having to insert this extra parameter for every pcall. My game engine makes many pcalls and I would rather have each of these calls be as cheap as possible. This need isn't based on any kind of profiling, so I am guilty of a little blind optimising, but many unnecessary lua_inserts per frame seems like a sensible thing to avoid if at all possible.

Regards,
Lee.