askok@dnainternet.net wrote:

> Ultimately, a core level serializator could create pure bytecode
> runnable as such on the same version Lua core. Now it goes like data ->
> string -> transport -> parser -> run -> data.
> This will become worth considering if the use of multicore Lua starts to
> fly.  And on the other hand, having "furiously fast" serialization would
> maybe help it do so.

Like most additions to the language, I think this will require sample
implementations created by the interested parties. Every now and then
the Authors spring something on us out of the blue, but most of the time
such things are discussed in depth, including sample implementations.

Anyone up for the challenge? Alas, I am not.

Doug

--
Innovative Concepts, Inc. www.innocon.com 703-893-2007 x220