> I think you're forgetting gaming consoles.  No current-generation consoles
> are x86.

True, I was labouring under the impression that x86 was popular in
gaming consoles also.

However all it'd take is for one of the companies to make and offer a
PowerPC LuaJIT backend and it'd be back to worthwhile again.

I'm not sure this is even possible on the Xbox 360 - I think it
doesn't allow execution of native code which is not digitally signed -
and you can only sign it during the certification of a game at
Microsoft, not yourself and certainly not during execution on a user
machine.