On 3/13/07, Peter Odding <xolox@home.nl> wrote:
Thanks. Very strange. I've compiled the test-case below with the
following compiler version (same as my Lua build):
[snip]
     /* CRASH :-\ */
     strftime(buffer, sizeof(buffer), "%e...", today);

I don't know what you expect your program to do.  There is no %e
specifier in MSVCRT, so the GIGO principle applies here.

You'll find that MSVCRT does support an extension to C90 with %#d,
which might be what you want.  Using %#d means that your program (C or
Lua) is no longer portable to other C90 systems.

    -Mark