--- Jim Whitehead II <jnwhiteh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/14/07, gary ng <garyng2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I finally ended up with a modified setup using
> > lua-magnet(fastcgi based bytecode cache/launcher)
> > together with kepler's cgi.lua as the wrapper and
> now
> > is getting 220 request / sec. Though I need to
> give up
> > the "rings" option.
> >
> > What is interesting in this setup is that each .lp
> > only use about 30K memory foot print which means
> even
> > I have 1000 lua script, I can still have them all
> > cached in RAM for less than the virtual memory
> > footprint of a bare django/turbogear setup.
>
> Gary, would you mind detailing your solution at the
> dreamhost wiki, so
> the other lua freaks that host there can take
> advantage? =)

Sure. I just need to test it a bit more and polish a
thing or two first.

One thing that is a bit hard on dreamhost is that it
doesn't have any lua stuff and the kepler stuff I am
using is from CVS.

I sort of borrow the virtual-python idea so my lua
stuff(I use luajit) setup is in ~/

Just curious, are there anyone using lua on dreamhost
? As they don't even have lua on the standard setup.

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html