Hi,

The "from" in smtp.send is the argument to the "SMTP FROM" command.
This has nothing to do with the header "From:". The former
tells the server who should receive the message. The latter
is just for display purposes. I can't add the addresses from
the command to the header because you might want to do a BCC
instead. All this is explained in the documentation.

Damn it... It's been a while I don't write something that dumb.
I obviously confused the "From:" header with the "To:" header. I
wonder why nobody pointed that out... :)
Anyways, the first part of the comment still holds. I can't
fill out the "From:" header from the "MAIL FROM" command
argument, because you might want to use "Sender:" instead.
Sorry about it.

[]s,
Diego.