On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 12:36:04PM -0200, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> > I still don't understand what is a Birds of a Feather.
>
> It's an informal session for conference partipants, not a formal workshop.
> The conference organizers just provide a room and perhaps announce the session
> in the program. No costs involved.

It comes from an English saying "birds of a feather flock together". To
be "of a feather" means to be of the same kind. The saying is often
abbreviated to just "birds of a feather" in conversation. Maybe you know
two of your friends are lua fans, but have never met, then one day they
are at a party together, and soon you see them talking token filtering
in a corner.... "birds of a feather"!

Salut,
Sam