manel wrote:
[snip]
The main question:

   Is it as difficult to port Tk to Lua 5.1?

(I am not a Lua expert, only a user; I know very little about the
internals).

The point 3) before links with the impact of Lua in the computing world
(many times cited in this list). A Tk port for the last version of Lua
could increase the number of users of Lua. I think that certain critical
mass have to be achieved for the full taking off of Lua in the computer
community. Perhaps some people have the opposite idea: Lua has took off;
and others could think: Lua does not need more impulse, it is good in
its niche. However, I think as many of you that Lua is very good as a
general purpose computer language, and it should conquer other fields,
apart from (mainly) games.

It would be nice to have an updated Tk binding.

On the binding, it depends on whether you want to write a custom one or you want to use a tool like tolua++.

For LuaSDL, as an example of using binding tools, I purposely did not look at the old implementation, but did everything from scratch. After setting up tolua++ and compiling a simple test, I completed the initial binding the very next day, and made a 0.1.0 release after 7 days of intermittent coding.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)