We have finished the final version of our paper on the evolution of Lua,
which has been accepted for presentation at HOPL III, the third ACM
Conference on the History of Programming Languages. It's available at
	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/doc/hopl.pdf

There is still be time for minor corrections before publication. So, if
you have any comments on the paper, specially something that we have
missed or misrepresented in our account, please drop us a line.

HOPL III will be part of FCRC 2007, in San Diego:
	http://www.acm.org/fcrc/

We hope to see many of you there.

Some people have asked whether there will be a Lua Workshop in 2007. Perhaps,
instead of a workshop, we could have a Birds of a Feather session at HOPL III,
if someone comes forward to organize it. See

Or we could do it as part of TUG 2007, also in San Diego:
	http://tug.org/tug2007/

A new version of pdftex will be announced there and it will embed Lua.
This has been described as "one of the most exciting developments in the
TeX world!". Those present at the Lua Workshop 2006 enjoyed the presentation
given by Hans Hagen on the integration of Lua in pdftex.

--lhf