Hello,

Actually, we should consider another successful project similar to CPAN:
PEAR (http://pear.php.net), which is a package repository for PHP. The idea is to provide through a pear command ways of installing, updating and removing packages developed by PHP users, inspected by community.

An idea:
luar foo_package
########## 100% - foo_package installed.
And then, everything is set up and ready to use.

Well, I have never used CPAN, but I think that PEAR is quite similar :)

--Marcelo Araujo