Folks,

I'm looking to use Lua for the sort of scripting that one might use bash, Perl, Ruby, etc. for. I installed the MacPorts version of Lua 5.1 with no problem, but the library support is rather spartan. I've downloaded source distributions for LuaCheia and LuaX, but I quickly ran into problems compiling them. (Is LuaCheia still active, btw?)

Is anyone out there using Lua as a standalone scripting language on Intel Mac OS X? If so, would you be willing to share tips on how to set up a workable system for doing so?

Thanks!

Michael Manti