On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 05:01:20PM +0000, David Given wrote:
> Whoops. You're right; I'd misread the documentation and conflated IA64 pages
> with 'huge pages', which is a Linux kernel feature to save TLB space;

Just a data point: on my Linux/IA-64 system, normal page size is 16K
and hugepage size is 256M.  Those are the defaults that SGI's kernel
provides.

Hugepages can be a hugepain to deal with, though there is a relatively
new libhugetlbfs which supposedly simplifies things and allows
malloc() to use them.

                                                  -Dave Dodge