Hi,

Shannon Stewman wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2006, at 4:53 PM, Mike Pall wrote:
> >http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2004-11/msg00083.html
>
> I would very much like to see those opcode statistics for
> specifically numeric code.

Well, provided you have a representative amount of numeric code,
please go ahead. Run the modules through dis.py and with a bit of
sed, sort and uniq you've got your statistics. I remain sceptical
on the general usefulness of a slice operator, but I'm interested
in the results you get.

Related note: I've recently ported SciMark to Lua. Maybe it's the
specific selection of benchmarks, but I don't see a good use for
slice syntax anywhere. A special syntax for multidimensional
indexing would hardly make a difference, too.

Bye,
     Mike