On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 10:01:04AM -0500, Leo Razoumov wrote:
> CVS is inferior to SVN in almost all aspects except for one: CVS uses
> human readable ASCII text files for storage while SVN uses binary
> format.

CVS is also better suited to versioning large, poorly-compressable files,
like multimedia files: it's easy to delete old revisions from CVS when you
longer need them, but extremely difficult with SVN, leading to disk space
issues.  The SVN folks seemed to be of the "you couldn't possibly want to
delete old revisioned data" mindset, but in the real world, not everyone
has unlimited storage on a server ...

But, SVN is so much better at everything else that I've used CVS and SVN
side-by-side, using CVS only for those larger bits.

--
Glenn Maynard