[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Lua Programming Gems?
- From: Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@...>
- Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 19:13:56 -0200
We are considering the publication of a book on "Lua Programming Gems",
along the lines of the famous "Graphics Gems" series and other similar
series. The purpose of this message is to probe whether there is enough
interest in such a project.
The intention of the book is to collect and publish existing wisdom and
practice on how to program well in Lua. Gems can range from detailed
tutorials on Lua features to advanced techniques and tricks. In particular,
the book will be an opportunity for wiki authors and other Lua experts to
polish and publish their contributions.
The book will be edited by the Lua team and published by Lua.org, like PiL
and the Reference Manual. We shall ask contributors to the book to donate
the rights on their contributions to us so that all proceeds from these
sales can go directly to support the Lua project. (We are aware that this
may be an unusual request, but we don't have the resources to manage the
payment of royalties to individual authors.)
If you are interested in writing one or more Lua Programming Gems, please
state your intention here in lua-l. If there is enough interest, then a
separate channel will be created for further discussion.
- Re: Lua Programming Gems?, Simon Wittber
- Re: Lua Programming Gems?, Nick Gammon
- Re: Lua Programming Gems?, Jimmie Houchin
- Re: Lua Programming Gems?, Andreas Stenius
- Re: Lua Programming Gems?, Daniel Silverstone
- Re: Lua Programming Gems?, Julien Hamaide
- Re: Lua Programming Gems?, Luis Carvalho
- Re: Lua Programming Gems?, Thomas Lefort
- Re: Lua Programming Gems?, Niklas Frykholm
- Re: Lua Programming Gems?, Leo Razoumov