Is there a standard neat way out?
Neat - there are a few schemes for embedding the Lua code in C
code e.g. WIndows resource files/DLLs(bin2res) and Luiz has a scheme
for Unix.

db

On 11/2/06, Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org> wrote:
Excuse me if I've missed something, but a search didn't reveal an answer
to this one:

What's common practice in the case that a module has both a C and Lua
component? It seems natural to distribute the C part as a shared library
and the Lua part as a Lua file, which means you have two files. They
probably want the same base name. The Lua one probably requires the C
one. This won't work, because you then get a require loop (package.path
is checked before package.cpath).

Is there a standard neat way out?

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/
Extreme programming: burn your bridges when you come to them