Leo Razoumov wrote:
On the other hand I do not see how setting count hook would help to
time-out a Lua function. According to Lua manual count hook cannot
count time. It counts instructions, lines of code, function
invocations/returns. How would  count hook help me if my foo()
functions is blocking inside?

Well, it is the classical answer to handle infinite loops in user script, another frequent source of hang ups.
I suppose you have to do your check on the C side, then.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France