Sandro C. Goncales wrote:
Well, I agree, but the f!$@%^#%^ ing client want a "background image" into the chart :( (he don't want a "gray" image, just more "fog" image). He want a chart with anti-aliases lines. He want a chart can print "beautifuly" :\. I know he's paying what I ask for this, but sometimes it's not worth enough :(

For high quality graphics, AGG (Anti-Grain Geometry, http://www.antigrain.com/ ) seems to be amongst the bests (I don't know how it competes with Cairo). Some people has plans to make bindings to Lua, but we didn't see them yet (IIRC). Note that a binding to AggPlus <http://www.point.com.mk/aggplus/> might be easier: that's a wrapper around AGG to make it look like GDI+ (Microsoft's latest incarnation of GDI), including the flat API.
Alas for you, nothing working out of the box (or I missed it).

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France