On 10/10/06, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

The version posted in April is still valid. I did not get much feedback on
it and I still have to find the time to work on it right now.

> I am very much interested in having "native" Lua 5.1 version that
> supports new module system. Any suggestions?

The April verison should work perfectly with Lua 5.1. Did you have any problems?

Hi Luiz,
I tried 2006-04-07 version of lposix.c found in your email

It compiles OK. However, several functions (found in previous version)
are missing and some functions are broken. Also, due to lposix API
changes test.lua does not run anymore with the April version of
lposix.c.

Specifically, in April 2006 version of lposix.c I found the following problems:
 * modemunch(...) function  does not parse mode string correctly.
   As a result Pumask and Pchmod don't work.
 * Functions Prmdir, Punlink are missing
 * Function Ptimes: invalid conversion of clock ticks to seconds.
   Macro CLOCKS_PER_SEC  is a wrong way to convert clock ticks to seconds.
 * test.lua is broken due to lposix.c API changes.

GOOD NEWS: I took my time and fixed the problems I saw. Below I
attached a tar-ball with the modified version of lposix module. I
tested it on Linux (kernel 2.6.13, libc-2.3.5, GCC-4.0.2) with
Lua-5.1.1 as a loadable module as well as statically linked  into lua
interpreter. Everything seems to work  and test.lua output makes sense
(on a first glance:-)  I cherry-picked some code from lposix.c 5.0
version.

Still Outstanding issues: Function Pumask(...) does not take mask in
octal form. Only alphabetic form like "a=rwx" works. I hope to find
some time this weekend to fix it.

Please, feel free to merge my modifications into the next version of
lposix module.

Best Regards,
--Leo--

--Detailed ChangeLog follows:--

2006-10-12  Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@gmail.com>
 * Starting with Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo (LHF) 2006-04-07 version of
   lposix.c fixed the following problems when compiling for Lua-5.1 (Lua-5.1.x)
   o Added missing functions to lposix.c: Prmdir, Punlink
   o Restored older lposix-5.0 implementation of the following functions:
     Pumask, Pchmod
 * restored modemuncher.c from lposix-5.0 since April 2006 lposix.c
version has broken
   implementation of modemunch(...) function.
 * Functions Ptimes: wrong conversion of clock ticks to seconds. Replaced
   scaling by CLOCKS_PER_SEC macro (that should never be used, btw) with
   POSIX compliant sysconf(_SC_CLK_TCK) value.
 * Update test.lua and tree.lua to reflect lposix.c API changes
 * Deleted posix.lua loader file not needed anymore in Lua-5.1 module system
 * Remaining problems: Pumask does not take mask in octal form, it only
   understand alphabetic notation like "u=rwx"