That is true, it can.

Only this feature imho is so elementary, and useful, it should end up in Lua itself. And I like looking under the hood (poor me.. ;)

-asko

Vyacheslav Egorov kirjoitti 15.10.2006 kello 14.09:

Asko Kauppi wrote:
The approach is good in that it keeps all patching on the parser/ coder side, and runtime area is untouched. Later, there is a chance to optimize with a new VM code if needed.

I thought about avoiding patching at all... You can supply your own equivalent to loadstring/loadfile. It will transform source and load it through old loadstring.

Pros:

- No need to patch anything
- No need to understand VM magic

I tried to imagine a feature that cannot be done in such a way, but failed.

--
e.v.e